|The Yale-Edinburgh Group mourns with the rest of the world at the passing of our co-founder Lamin Sanneh on January 6, 2019. Please see this tribute written by co-founder Andrew Walls.
Next meeting at Yale Divinity School, June 27-29, 2019
on the theme:
Diversity and Difference in Custom, Belief, and Practice in the History of Missions and World Christianity
Themes of prior meetings of the
- March 1992 at Yale: "From
Christendom to World Christianity"
- September 1992 at Edinburgh:
- September 1993 at Yale:
"Language, Culture, and Translation"
- September 1994 at Edinburgh:
"The Churches and the Missionary Movement"
- June 1995 at Yale: "World
Christianity and the Teaching of History"
- June 1996 at Edinburgh:
"Missions and Ethnicity"
- June 1997 at Yale: "Missions
and Consequences: The Historical Impact of the Missionary Movement"
- July 1998 at Edinburgh:
"War and Peace in the History of Missions"
- July 1999 at Yale: "Youth
and the Leadership of the Missionary Movement: Inter-Generational Challenge
- July 2000 at Edinburgh:
"Representations and Misrepresentations of Missions"
- July 2001 at Yale:
"Missions and Human Rights"
- July 2002 at Edinburgh:
and the Powers: Seen and Unseen"
- July 2003
at Yale: "Conversion
- July 2004 at Edinburgh:
Money, and Privilege"
- July 2005 at Yale: "Identity,
Ethnic and Christian, in the History of Christian Missions"
- July 2006 at Edinburgh:
Sound, and Touch: Visual, Musical, and Material Aspects of Christian
2007 at Yale: "Liberty,
Slavery, and Christian Missions"
2008 at Edinburgh: "Perceptions
and Portrayals: heroes and villains in mission historiography"
2009 at Yale: "Missions,
Law, and Custom"
2010 at Edinburgh: "Consultation
and Cooperation in the History of Missions"
2011 at Yale: "Missions
- June 2012 at Edinburgh: "Religious Movements of Renewal, Revival, and Revitalization in the History of Missions and World Christianity"
- June 2013 at Yale: Health, Healing, and Medicine in the History of Missions and World Christianity
- June 2014 at Edinburgh:Gender and Family in the History of Missions and World Christianity
- June 2015 at Yale: Religion and Religions in the History of Missions and World Christianity
- June 2016 at Edinburgh: Responses to Missions: Appropriations, Revisions, and Rejections
- June/July 2017 at Yale: Migration, Exile, and Pilgrimage in the History of Missions and World Christianity
- June 2018 at Edinburgh: Scripture, Prayer and Worship in the History of Missions and World Christianity
For more information contact:
Chris Anderson, Yale Divinity Library,
409 Prospect Street, New Haven, CT 06511 --- Phone: 203 432-5289; Fax: 203 432-3906
--- Email: email@example.com